About Us

The firm was established in 1951 with two locations with Howard Gage Van Rensselaer and his son Howard V. Van Rensselaer operating a partnership until Howard Sr.’s death in 1971. The Little Valley Branch was sold in 1984 and the former Hoitink Undertaking Company was purchased to consolidate the two Randolph locations into one on August 11, 1985. Howard V. retired in 1996 and still retains his license and assists his son Howie as needed. The Van Rensselaer’s moved to Randolph in 1965 after buying the former Myers Funeral Home which existed since the early 1900’s.

© VanRensselaer & Son Funeral Home | Randolph, NY - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants